Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thanks to FB

For those who doesn't familiar with this, FB is abbreviation for Facebook. For me, I don't feel very familiar with it either. Just to stay in touch with couple old friends from school or college, which is nearly possible for us to meet each other since they live hundreds or thousands kilometers away. The other reason is, I can call them...some best friends of mine, that's more interesting to me.

Few days ago, one busy afternoon, one of my best friend told me that she had invitation from our friend to be added as his friend at FB. One reason why it sounds great for me is, he had never 'shown up' since his graduation. But the biggest reason is... he was my first boyfriend.

At that time after that, I was FB-walking just to see his profile there. As I thought before, he only put his son's photo as profile picture. It doesn't matter to me, everyone has their rights. From FB, I know that he have had 2 cute kids, 5 years old boy and 2 years old girl. He put some great pics of his family (without himself) there. Bali is a nice place to live I guess. So I gather all my courage to give him a comment on 1 picture of his kids, I said "Like father like son, but also like mother like daughter:)". I said that because his son looks exactly like him, and his daughter looks as cute as her mother. I don't need any reply on that since I was just happy to know that he had already add me as his friend.

Back to couple years ago, in 2002. That was the time when I graduated from university. As I remember, I was always become his 'recycle bin' (in a good meaning) for his relationship with another girl. But as time goes on, we have more than friend-friend feelings, you know what I mean..Short story, few months after that we have a remembrance story together. But that's it. After his return home to Bali, one day he sent me an sms telling that it'll never be the same again. Got no chance to ask for explanation, even after he returned back. Few times that we can see each other after that did not improve our relationship, friendship in this case..

As for now, what is important for me is...we're all have our own life, so what we can maintain is..friendship itself.So, friend...Lets make our friendship fun and meaningful at the same time.
Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I love your words, Yan. seandainya aku bisa seperti itu dengan 'temen kuliahmu' dulu....
    so let's keep our friendhip over all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi prenz...
    Aku ngerti mksdmu:) masih 'menyimpan' sesuatu u/ dia ya...? alangkah setianya dirimu. Life must go on, just give love a chance to show its magical power to your life:)

    ReplyDelete